Last year, one of the other blogs I write was nominated for the Liebster Award, and this year another fellow mama-musician blogger has nominated this blog for the same. Awesome! Thank you, Selwa, for the nomination : ) The idea behind the Liebster is to build the blogging community up by helping people become noticed by a bigger audience.
In accordance with the rules of the award, I'm following these steps:
1. Reading the answers of the questions written by the blogger who nominated me.
2. Nominating eleven different bloggers who have less than five hundred followers.
3. Writing a post here featuring the Liebster Award and answering the questions given by the blogger who nominated me.
4. Letting the bloggers I've nominated know that they deserve the Liebster.
So here are my answers to the questions give by Selwa!
1. Why did you start blogging? It was back in 2007 when I was in college and had a LOT to say. Twenty year-olds are quite opinionated ; ) Don't worry, the vast majority of all my youthful ramblings have been either deleted or moved elsewhere! But the habit of sharing my thoughts stuck, although over the years my motivation to blog has changed.
2. What motivates you to continue blogging on a regular basis? These days my blog is used to document my life for my own benefit and for family members to see, and also as a place to work through the mysterious or hard places in life. Writing is the way I process everything.
3. What's your favorite post that you've written? A Christmas Miracle: Finding Jane
4. Favorite color? This changes based on the day, based on the season, based on my mood! My current-at-the-moment synesthetic responses also affect it. I just love color!
5. Of the blogs you follow, what are your top three favorites? the habit of being, soule mama, and journey mama.
6. What other blogs have you written for besides your own? I currently write at two other blogs, although one of them has been sadly neglected for a while. Life is the Teacher is my place to explore education and my role as a teacher and home-schooling mother, while Unwrapping Love is where my friend Heather and I are documenting our journey into gratitude by listing one thousand blessings we are thankful for. I've also thought about creating a secret blog one day, where I could freely write anything I chose under a different name... we'll see if that ever happens!
7. What interests do you have, other than blogging? That would be a toss-up between reading and music and knitting and nature, as far as my personal hobbies go! Then of course I love being with my family, hanging out with friends, cooking good food without having to clean up afterwards, snuggling, and thrift store shopping.
8. What is your number one goal as a blogger? To explore who I am and hopefully speak truth into my own life and into other's lives and to love the mystery of our existence! Oh, that was three goals...
9. What's the top item on your bucket list? To go back to Europe, and hopefully see my friends from Germany again, one day! I think I left a little piece of my heart in tiny Bad Nauheim.
10. Who is your biggest inspiration? There are different people who inspire me in different areas of life. My friend Nicole inspires me with her knitting projects and vivacious, unafraid way of playing with yarn. My friend Heather inspires me as a thoughtful person, with her conversations and her writing. My friend Alec inspires me with his tenacity and musicality as a guitarist. My mom inspires me to be the best mother I can be. My husband Chris inspires me with his calm, laid-back manner. My childhood guitar teacher, Kelli, and my college guitar teacher, John, inspire me to be the best teacher for my students. There are so many inspiring folks out there!
11. What's your favorite topic to blog about? There's no favorite. I like writing about everything!
Okay, here are the eleven people I'm nominating for the Liebster Award:
the habit of being
Rachel at Clean
Under the Big Blue Sky
Poco Mountain Girl
Peace, Love, and Spit-up: Life Written Down
PJ, Your Friend
student in heels
These are the questions I'd love to see answered by those I've nominated:
1. If you could suddenly jump up right now and go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
2. Name three people who inspire you, and why!
3. What book(s) are currently on your bedside table?
4. When was the last time a stranger made you smile, and why?
5. Do you have a calendar, a day planner, a smartphone, sticky notes, a to-do list? How do you plan and keep track of life?
6. How would you describe your fashion style?
7. If someone could magically bring you whatever food you're currently craving, what would it be?
8. What do you think of when you look up at the stars?
9. Name a song that is speaking straight to your soul these days.
10. Do you still have any of your childhood toys?
11. Are there any subjects that you don't like to blog about? Why?
Thank you again to Selwa for nominating me for this award! I look forward to seeing more lovely bloggers pass on the joy.